GREEN SPRING RURAL VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPT.
Green Springs Rural Volunteer Fire Department was established on May 25, 1878. The privately owned department provides fire and rescue services to the Village of Green Springs, Ballville Township, Adams Township, Green Creek Township and Pleasant Township. They currently have 31 members and 6 of those members are qualified as first responders or EMT’s.
The department delivers fire, emergency medical, rescue, and hazardous materials services from two fire stations. Our dedicated members are committed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to providing high quality emergency response to any man-made or natural disaster that may pose a threat to our community. Being a “Volunteer Firefighter” is self rewarding, as well as knowing that you’re helping out family and friends in a time of need. We are there for them providing a familiar face and a calming and reassuring spirit to those in need whether it’s at the scene of an accident or a fire.
120 Catherine Street, Green Springs OH 44836
In addition to responding to fire and medical calls within their assigned area, the department also:
- conducts fire inspections
- provides fire extinguisher training
- provides fire prevention training for children
- gives tours and provides other fire prevention activities
EQUIPMENT WE OWN
2008 KME Predator Rescue Engine 750 gallon tank
1994 Pierce Saber Engine 750 gallon tank
2001 Firovac tanker 2000 gallon tank
1990 Badger 2000 gallon tanker
2003 Ford brush truck 200 gallon tank
2008 Ford Brush truck 200 gallon tank